23.6.09

IMG_2909


After two weeks of nonstop kitchen work, I’ve amassed a produce-cornucopia in my refrigerator. Of course, dealing with leftovers is not something I’m normally very good at. Luckily, Jamie Oliver is. Most of his recipes are simple enough that they could be easily done up or abridged. I kicked off the last few nights of with pre-sliced, pre-washed ingredients from my fridge and a few canned goods I’ve been meaning to clean out of my pantry. With some inspiration from his salad recipes, I decided to make a (mostly) fresh faux tuna nicoise salad.


fresh faux tuna nicoise salad

salad
1 head Romaine, washed
1/3 cup canned white beans, rinsed
1/4 cup diced red onions
1 can tuna in oil
1/3 cup sliced cucumbers
1/3 cup leftover thyme-and-garlic-roasted potatoes
mint
parsley
chives

vinaigrette
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper


Combine all salad ingredients. Add vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a glass of Zin (I’m on a Zinfandel kick right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment